Balance 690 DAY CHARTER
About this Boat
The Balance 690 is a purpose built day charter catamaran, certified to carry 150 passengers on both upper and lower deck dance floors. She is built in epoxy and e-glass and designed for the rough, daily use and abuse that any dedicated day charter cat experiences.
The Balance 690 is foam core, e-glass, carbon reinforced and only epoxy resins are used in her layup. She has two heads, a large bar, and a dedicated piloting station for professional operations.
She can be built in a tall rigged version to sail swiftly with 150 passengers, or with a shorter rig and larger engines for tours that require specific on time arrivals and departures.
Founded by World Champion catamaran racer and author Phillip Berman, Balance Day Charter Catamarans are crafted from the years we have spent working for a range of our day charter customers in Hawaii, Barbados, St. Lucia and the Virgin Islands.
After managing the sale of hundreds of catamarans over the past decade – new and used – we’ve learned how day catamarans are built, how they break and fall apart, how they sail in the most dangerous conditions, which systems tend to work and fail, and how they are “really” used by charter operators and their customers.
We’ve concluded that the day catamarans currently offered by our primary competitors are overpriced and not built robustly enough for the daily abuse a true day charter catamaran experiences.
Balance day charter catamarans result directly from the enormous fund of experience we have gained through working with charter operators for over two decades. There really is no substitute for experience and the direct relationships we have had with charter operators has given us the invaluable feedback we’ve relied upon in the design of each Balance day charter catamaran that we build. We build day charter cats in a range of sizes and prices to serve the needs of a wide variety of charter operators.
Balance Catamarans was founded in 2012 and has launched four 60 footers, nine 45 footers, six 52 footers, and one 76 footer. Our catamarans are sailing on every major ocean in the world and have met with critical praise by every major yachting publication. The Balance 526 was the winner of Cruising World Magazines 2017 Import Yacht of the Year (the grand prize) as well Best Multihull Over 50 feet. To learn all about these truly exceptional yachts, to request our pricing, we encourage you to visit our website: balancecatamarans.com
- Keel: Twin Keel
- Maximum Draft:
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight:
Additional DetailsDIMENSIONS & DETAILS
- LOA 21.00 m 68.90 ft
- LWL 20.51 m 67.29 ft
- BEAM OVERALL 8.22 m 26.97 ft
- BEAM HULL CL / HULL CL 5.67 m 18.60 ft
- HULL BEAM 2.56 m 8.40 ft
- FREEBOARD (BOW) 1.97 m 6.45 ft
- FREEBOARD (STERN) 1.43 m 4.70 ft
- HULL DRAFT 0.64 m 2.09 ft
- DRAFT 1.44 m 4.72 ft
- AIR DRAFT 26.98 m 88.52 ft
- BRIDGEDECK CLEARANCE 1.20 m 3.94 ft
- DISP (DWL) 25,000 kgs 55,125 lbs
- PASSENGERS 170
- SAIL AREA TOTAL 211.9 m2 2280 ft2
- SAIL AREA MAIN 131.2 m2 1412 ft2
- SAIL AREA (100% Foretriangle) 80.7 m2 869 ft2
- I 21.77 m 71.43 ft
- J 7.45 m 24.45 ft
- P 20.50 m 67.26 ft
- E 8.61 m 28.25 ft
- AUXILIARY (YANMAR 6LPA-STP2) 2 x 232 kW 2 x 315 HP
- FRESH WATER 1250 330 (US Gal)
- FUEL 2000 530 (US Gal)
- HOLDING TANKS 1250 330 (US Gal)
Custom Designed by Dutoit Yacht Design as a day charter vessel to operate carrying 150 pax.
The proven Balance Catamarans hull shapes and manufacturing will be used as a platform for this vessel. A customized top deck and superstructure are be built to offer the owners flexibility and versatility for their operation.
The vessel is built using a gel coated outer layer, top quality DCPD polyester resins and 80 density structural foam coring all vacuum bagged to ensure to quality adhesion and ratios for all major components, hulls, superstructure, deck and bulkheads. All non-structural components will be made from 60 density foam where possible to save weight yet still achieve good strong structures.
NOTE- hull corners are solid laminate with stainless dock protection strip and extra “wear” protection on fwd hulls and keels
The exterior finish of the vessel is painted with a Balco 2K paint system to commercial yacht finish.
Interior and below decks accommodation areas are hand painted with “flo coat or equivalent” system giving durability and easy cleaning.
Non – skid rolled deck surface covering on all deck and walking areas.
All hull and deck colors to be chosen by charter operator, with company logo on sails and company logos on each side of hull.
An epoxy barrier coat is applied to the hulls up to 150mm above DWL together with 4 coats of Sigma black Antifouling all utilizing an airless paint application system.ACCOMODATIONS
- Custom built coach roof and screen module.
- Roll up screens on all cockpit window areas.
- Seating area with storage below for dive fins etc placed along 2x aft deck benches
- Seating along hull sides and cabin areas.
- Composite bulwarks open below.
- Bar/ galley area to house coolers for drinks x 2 ,2x wash sinks , large serving area with composite countertop and area to place owner supplied fridges.
- Fly bridge with helm station, open storage area under helm for captains personal items pedestal helm seat
- Full bimini over fly bridge with 7ft head clearance and 1200mm composite walkway adjacent to the boom. Tubing to be 50mm stainless covered with a PVC canopy with as few joints as possible in the material. 3x 600mm bar height round tables off vertical 50mm stanchions.
- Seating on fly bridge sides and back with cushions and backrest upholstery – Upholstery to have round backrests and yellow piping and company logo to match existing vessels- client to provide photo of the same.
- Wet bar on fly bridge with small basin and fresh water tap
- Winch station central on fly bridge.
- Bulwarks to have boarding areas with stainless wire and pelican clips 10m from rear of vessel to centre of boarding area on port and stbd side
- Wet Locker on port bow to store beach line.
- Port aft anchor cleat to have cut away of bulwark and stainless cable and pelican clip.
- Aft end of bridge deck to be curved with stainless guard railing on it.
- 8 X Stainless steel cleats and hawse pipes.
- 2x composite engine room access hatches with gutters, stainless hinges, dog down lift rings and gas struts.
- 1x anchor compartment on rear deck with lid with stainless hinges and dog down lifting ring.
- 316 grade stainless steel grab railing alongside of the vessel.
- 316 grade stainless steel grab railings on sugar scoops.
- 1 x 316 grade stainless steel folding ladder on each sugar scoop. - Ladders to have flat rungs and be able to be locked in down position, ladder to lie onto 1st step in up position on protected area.
- 1 x 316 grade stainless steel fixed mounted fresh water shower on port sugar scoop.
- 316 grade stainless railings up stairways to fly bridge.
- 316 grade stainless grab rails around fly bridge.
- 316 grade stainless grab rails on inboard side of stairways on bulwark sides.
- 316 grade stainless grab rails leading down stairs to heads.
- Access to hulls on port and stbd hulls.
- Access to heads (2 x male in port and 2 female in starboard hulls) through GRP doors.
- Heads to each have a Lewmar opening port light to the hull exterior.
- Wash basins area to have porthole to exterior of hull.
- Access to crew storage / change room in port hull through Lewmar or equivalent size 70 deck hatch.
- Shelving in fwd storage lockers for life jackets.
- 180 life jackets with boat name and logo on it
- 8 x life rings and holders with name and logo on it.
- Bowmar flush fitting deck access hatches into hull voids x6.
- 4 x manual salt water flush toilets plumbed to black water tanks.
- 1 x 200 l holding tank per hull to have deck suction fittings to enable dock pump out as well as overboard discharge to be available.
- All thru – hull fittings to be Marlon.
- All “scoop” type thru hull fittings to be Vetus bronze type.
- 1250 Liters fresh water tank positioned on bridge deck in front of mast.
- 3x Jabsco Parmax 4 -24v fresh water pumps (1 pump to supply port and stbd heads, 1 pump to supply galley, 1 pump to supply transom and fwd showers).
- 4x fresh water hand wash basins in heads with counter top and mirror – (cold water only).
- Fresh water outlet on transom with storage area for hose and hand nozzle.
- Fresh water outlet at bow stairway.
- Double galley/bar sink with hot cold water tap.
- 2 x rule 2000 gph 24 volt bilge pumps in engine rooms.
- 2 x rule 2000 gph 24 volt bilge pumps in hull accommodation areas.
- 1 x rule 2000 gph bilge pump in crew accommodation area.
- Speed fit piping and connectors to be used.
- 1 x manual deck mounted bilge pump per engine room.
- 1 x manual deck mounted bilge pump per below deck accommodation space.
- Southern Spars Aluminium double spreader mast with Harken bat car system and standard rigging.
- Southern Spars boom package including Hay racks.
- Southern Spars fwd cross beam including cleats and anchor points.
- Stainless steel chain plates.
- Drop down stairway on bow.
- Profurl manual headsail furler on fore deck.
- All Halyards and sheets to run back to winch station on fly bridge.
- 4 x Harken size 60 manual winches with spin lock clutches for relevant lines.
- Harken blocks, stoppers and organizers.
- Commercial grade 2 reef full batten Ullman mainsail with company logo
- Commercial grade furling Ullman Jib with company logo.
- Lazy jacks.
- Stack packs with logo.
- Winch handles x 6.
- Rope tail locker.
- 2 x black trampolines (wide webbing style) between fwd cross beam and stairway – positioned so that guests can sit on deck with their feet resting on the trampolines.
- 2 x Yanmar main engines model 6LPA-STP2 – 232KW- 315HP coupled to KMH50 V gearboxes.
- Teleflex electronic controls.
- Yanmar C type control panels.
- Teignbridge p brackets with 60mm Temment shafts with fixed blade propellers.
- Maddox shaft straps and grounding system.
- Halyard water locks and exhaust outlet system.
- Halyard Raw water intake system.
- Halyard sound proofing system.
- Sea fire engine room fire system.
- Bilge water high level alarms.
- 2 x 12v 130 amp start batteries.
- Composite rudder blades on custom stainless steel shafts with Jeffa rudder bearing system and alternate steering.
- Sea star Capilano hydraulic steering system with manual shut off valve for emergency steering.
- 2 x 1000 litre diesel tanks with marine grade piping and shut off valves.
- Dual parker diesel filtration system.
- 12 v engine room blowers.
- 17.5kw 50HZ 220v Onan genset coupled to Halyard exhaust and raw water intake system.
- Led engine room lighting.
- 12v Mastervolt AGM house bank – 600 amps.
- 1x Mastervolt 220volt 70 amp/12 volt battery charger with shore power connection
- Mastervolt distribution and battery monitoring system.
- BEP 220v switch breaker board positioned in bar/ galley area with 4x 220v plug points positioned on lower deck area and 2 on upper deck area at wet bar
- BEP 12v switch breaker board positioned in bar/ galley area.
- Bilge high water alarm panel on fly bridge helm for engine rooms and below deck accommodation spaces.
- Led lighting to heads and below deck accommodation spaces. All heads / accommodation lighting to be switched from switch in cockpit
- 10 x led downlights in cabin roof.
- 6x led foot lights on fly bridge.
- Blue foot lighting to all step areas on boat
- Blue led lights to light up bar face.
- 10 x Aqua luma blue under water lights 2 pointing aft, 3 on either side of hulls and 2 pointing inboard under trampolines.
- Led navigation lights.- note port and stbd lights to be positioned on gunnels
- 4 x led spreader lights on mast pointing onto deck.
- Anchor to have storage hatch port aft. With cut out in gunnel and railing with wire rope and pelican clip.
- 44 lb Bruce anchor.
- 10mm chain.
- 100m 16mm anchor line.
- Spare 20kg Danforth Anchor with 10m chain and 100m 16mm rode
- 8 x mooring/ docking lines 20mm.
- 6 x inflatable fenders with lines. Size F10 – 510 mm x 1270 mm – fenders to be able to be dropped into fwd life jacket hatches.
- 2 x permanent fenders on stern area for Springing off dock
- B&G Zeus 12inch multifunction touch screen display including chart plotter and electronic chart for area of operation. Display will also show sailing info – depth, wind speed and direction.
- Simrad 25w VHF and antenna.
- 1x Simrad AP24 autopilot system
- 1 x fusion blue tooth 3 zone sound system including upper and lower amplifiers and 12 speakers (6 to lower deck, 4 to upper deck and 2 to bow area).- system must be able to have mic plugged into it as well as a remote device such as a laptop.
- Unit controlled from helm and lower bar area.
- Ritchie 4” steering compass.
- Fender socks with company logo.
- Supply double door under counter stainless steel bar fridge in lower bar.
- Fire extinguishers to be fitting in excess to engine room fire equipment – 2 x “white fire extinguishers on sides of bar sml”, 1 x medium size white fire extinguisher at helm station, 1 x sml fire extinguisher in each vanity room, 1 x sml fire extinguisher at top wet bar.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.