About this Boat
This Seawind 1200, built in 2001, was to be the highest end, offshore focused Seawind ever built. Her interior cabinetry, fit and finish were to rise to yacht grade standards, which they do. She was to be the BMW of Seawinds.
First used as the showboat at the Newport Boat Show, Take Two then sailed to Portugal and back to the Caribbean. She has remained on the East Coast of the U.S. ever since, both of her owners using her for extended coastal cruising in Bahamas, Chesapeake, New England. This boat is very clearly built and designed for any type of blue water passage making for a couple.
Her owners have cared for her impeccably and she shows as nice as any 2001 catamaran you could find. She is for the sort of buyer who is looking for more performance and quality than what you find in the typical production boats. I've been on her myself, was at her previous survey some years ago, and she is just a super special boat.
Please feel free to call to discuss this exceptional catamaran.
- Keel: Fin Keel
- Maximum Draft:
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight:
Additional DetailsDIMENSIONS AND DETAILS
- 2001 Seawind 1200 ~ Targa Top
- Designer Tony Grainger
- LOA: 12.1 meters/39’-4”
- LWL: 11.4 meters/37'-2"
- Beam: 6.5 meters/21'-1”
- Displacement: 8,100 kgs/17,800 lbs
- Draft: 1.1 meters/3’-7"
- Headroom in hulls: 6'-4"
- Mast height above water: 58'-7"
- Underwing clearance: 2'-1"
- Generator: 265 hours
- Fuel: 180 liters/80 gallons
- Water: 750 liters/180 gallons
- Mainsail: 57.2 square meters/616 square feet
- No. 1 Genoa: 43 square meters/463 square feet
- No. 2 Jib: 30.4 square meters/327 square feet
- Mainsail with three jiffy reefing points, slab reefing with lazy jacks
- Mainsail batten cars (Tempo) on mast track
- Mainsail fully battened, dacron, triple stitched reinforced construction
- Mainsail with separate downhaul jammer
- Mainsail halyard spectra led back to cockpit winches through Spinlock Jammers
- Main Traveler Track mounted on Targa Top with roller ball car and end blocks to give 4:1 purchase on the Traveler
- Mainsail cockpit winch - Anderson 46ST (self-tailing)
- Jib on Pro Furl roller-furler system, led back Anderson 52ST, cockpit, 2 speed, self-tailing winches, with tracks, blocks, sheets and spectra halyard
- Multi-Purpose Spinnaker (MPS) on dedicated bowsprit with Sock/Snuffer, turning blocks and dedicated Anderson 40ST cockpit winches
- Storm Trysail mounted on separate Mast Track with own halyard and sheets
- Reacher on separate roller-furler, headstay, halyard and sheets
- Anodized Mast & Boom
- Three winch handles in fixed winch pockets
- Extra Jib Halyard
- Rails / Stanchions electro-polished stainless with triple lifelines and access gates on both sides
- White powder-coated fore-beam with pelican striker and cable
- Fore-beam attached to solid forward walkway with 2 anchor bow rollers installed
- Eight Anodized Deck Hatches
- All three cabins have opening hatches
- Six (6) Alloy Mooring cleats (3 per side – forward, aft, midship)
- Mooring Fenders with dock-lines
- Heavy-Duty stainless steel mooring cleat on forward walkway
- Aft Folding Swim Ladder in stainless steel mounted on stbd transom
- Steering by stainless steel wheel with mechanical steering
- Elevated steering position has VHF, compass, Raytheon electronics, twin engine controls
- Stack pack with lazy jacks
- Coordinated premium designer laminates, surface - finishes and upholstery
- Select cherry joinery work including bulkheads, cabinetry & trim
- Bedroom cabins are in cherry timber and vinyl wall finishes give an elegant, clean look. Each cabin has polished cherry privacy doors
- All cabins have extensive storage and cupboards
- Elegant 12 volt lighting throughout, including dual reading lights at head of each bed
- Opening ports in front saloon windows, two opening aluminium ports fitted as inserts in forward fixed windows.
- Port cabin has walk-in closet and shelves
- Navigation table with space for both a computer and paper navigation charts
- Two 12v fans
- Salon window protection covers
- Dining table in salon for six guests
- Three cabins with queen sized beds
- Full head with separate shower stall in the port owner's hull
- Spacious galley with coordinated Laminex counter surfaces, timber accents.
- Spacious freezer - large 60 litre volume, top loading, heavily insulated, two compartment, electric
- Upright refrigerator - front loading.
- Two burner LPG stove with Oven & grill. Survey approved with sniffer flame failure device and solenoid
- Double stainless steel sink with draining board. Single lever tap with pressure water.
- Trash bin, paper towel holder
- Under bench storage with polished timber door fronts & cutlery drawers.
- Inboard side of galley: Over-bench cupboards with sliding door fronts.
- Polished timber sole.
- Opening port over stove in starboard hull.
- LPG barbecue in cockpit (stainless steel)
- Sharp Carousel Microwave
- Under cabinet LED light bars
- All structural laminates and reinforcements designed to Australian Survey Standards.
- ISO/NPG gelcoat for maximum durability.
- Outer hull laminates in Vinyl Ester Resin.
- Sandwich core construction throughout boat. Cored with balsa (hulls) and PVC foam (deck) for maximum strength to weight.
- Fibreglass laminates of non-woven uni, bi and tri-directional fabrics to engineered specifications.
- Fully glassed hull and deck join forming total monocoque construction.
- Collision bulkheads in each hull. Watertight chambers throughout hulls.
- Timber cored in deck in place of PVC where deck fittings are located.
- All deck fittings through bolted with backing plates or washers as required.
- Stainless steel grab rails along coach roof.
- Aluminium rubbing strakes with fibreglass end caps.
- Powder coated aluminium bi-fold access door from aft deck to saloon.
- Removable windows to saloon.
- Cockpit cushions
- Two automatic and two manual bilge pumps
- Two jack lines - (whole length of deck)
- Cockpit ice-box. Foam insulated with hinged lid.
- Aft fibreglass swim platform.
- Transom shower: A hot & cold water transom shower to be fitted.
- Davits: Dinghy davit blocks & rope set up off Targa Bar.
- UV Shade cloth: UV Shade Cloth fitted to saloon windows.
- Two trampolines with new edging ~ 2017
- Two fishing pole holders
- Following a lightning hit in 2013, virtually all electronics were replaced
- Raytheon Multi-Function eSeries 70023 Plotter/Radar running Lighthouse II software (touchscreen) with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, remote controller (2013)
- High Resolution mast-mounted Raytheon Radar
- Raytheon integrated EV-1 Nine Axis Heading Sensor
- Autohelm ST5000 Autopilot
- Integrated VHF shows AIS on Plotter
- VHF has Digital Selective Calling (DSC)
- Integrated Raytheon Speedo, Depth, Wind Speed & Direction, Log
- VHF with RAM Mic at helm, and inside
- AM/FM Stereo Sony CD system with input jack for iPhone and speakers in main salon and also cockpit speakers
- 406 EPIRB
- Electronic Foghorn/Bell with mast mounted speaker/listen
- Shore Power is 110v
- Electrical panel with circuit breakers, LED indicators, and separate 12 volt and 110 volt systems
- Xantrex Inverter/Charger with “Link Pro” Battery Monitor (2013)
- Running lights, Steaming light, Anchor and Tri-Color lights, and Spreader Lights illumine the deck, new in 2013
- Wilson Cell Phone Adjustable Gain Signal Booster/Amplifier/Repeater with mast mounted antenna and wireless internal microphone extends wireless cell distance (2013)
- Island Time Ubiquiti Bullet Wi-Fi amplifier with external stern tall mount antenna provides Wi-Fi in weak signal anchorages
- Bluetooth controls and gauges allow personal Smartphones to monitor and control the engine electronics (2013)
- Three Smart Plug 30 Amp Shore Power inlets, each with its own Guest ProSafe 30A Isolator (2013)
- Two AGM 8D House Batteries, and a separate AGM Starting Battery for each engine
- 3 Battery Combiners automatically charge all batteries from separate sources (engines, solar, 110v charger, generator) new in 2013
- 3 Battery Switches can isolate and combine batteries as needed
- Most lighting is all LED, including Signal tri-color, anchor light, engine compartments, cockpit, bridge deck saloon, etc.
- Two Kyocera, 120 watt solar panels with Blue Sky MPPT “Solar Boost” pulse controllers, mounted on Targa Top (2016)
- Under cabinet LED light bars
- Numerous courtesy lights in cabins and throughout boat
MECHANICAL + ADDITIONAL ENGINE DETAILS
- Engine Hour Meters in cockpit for each engine
- Both engines – new Starters, and 125 amp high-capacity Alternators with Balmar Multi-Stage external Controllers (2013)
- Twin water separators and fuel filters
- Two Webasto 16,000 BTU Heat Pumps (Heat/Cool) with water filters (2013)
- Next Gen UCM2-5.5 Diesel Marine Generator with Racor water and fuel filters carry house loads and both heat pumps (2013)
- Two 40 gallon diesel Tanks completely separate for each engine
- Two Yanmar 3GM 27hp Diesel engines with Sail-Drives and electric tachometers, engine monitoring and warning systems
- Twin single lever engine controls mounted by helm
- Gori Three Blade “Two Speed” Folding Props on saildrives (2013)
- Engine room lights
- Pressure water system
- Galley fresh water tap is lever type
- 750 ltrs ( 180 galls) fresh water in two integral water tanks (one each hull). Separate deck fillers.
- Storage hot water system – 30 litre capacity.
- Electric sump pumps for shower drains (2).
- Electric bilge pumps (2) with controls integral with master battery switch panel. Magnetic reed float switches (2).
- Manual bilge pumps (2) mounted in cockpit near helm.
- Survey approved bronze, thru-bolted marine seacocks on all thru-hulls below waterline.
- PAR manual toilet in each head. Each with fitted holding tank and "Y" valves
- Transom pressure hot water shower : recessed into transom.
- Tri Radar Reflector permanently mounted on mast
- Interlux Micron CSC Ablative black bottom paint ~ (October 2017)
- Muir, electric anchor windlass with chain & gypsy, located under locker gives a clean deck, winch is Muir VR1250 CUB with 1000 watt motor
- 65 lb galvanized plow anchor with 200' of 3/8" galvanized chain
- Danforth anchor with rope/chain rode
- Anchor is stored in a specially designed anchor roller under the forward beam.
- Anchor winch has foot switches at the winch plus a remote up / down control at the helm station.
- Two anchor bridles
- Two Balmar winch seats
- Chain stopper
- Striping : Decorative striping on hulls.
- Wash down pump with a dedicated thru-hull
- Life sling
- Throw bag
- 2 holding tanks with "Y" valves
- Achilles RIB with 15hp engine on davits
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.