Catana 47 Carbon Infusion
About this Boat
INXS is a spectacular, owner version Catana 47 carbon infusion. Nothing was left to chance on this yacht. The live-aboard owners have logged over 75,000 miles in twenty years on five cats. This is their second Catana. They specified this cat to take them farther, more swiftly, efficiently and reliably than the previous ones.
INXS is equipped with only premium options and amenities including generator, aircon, watermaker, Garmin electronics, radar, satphone, electric toilets, washing machine and more. She is like new with low engine (630 hours) and generator (550) hours. But there are specific equipment choices on this cat that merit mention as they are the fruit of years of experience in the demanding marine environments of the Atlantic and Caribbean.
The Sparcraft/Marechal aluminum mast with Kevlar shrouds was chosen to maximise reliability and reduce weight.
These owners are avid sailors, so the X Voiles wardrobe includes a full-batten mainsail in Hydranet, genoa in Hydranet, remove-able staysail in Hydranet, gennaker on roller-furler and a symmetrical spinnaker for the long downwind passages. All the wind angles and ranges are covered.
A voyaging cat must include numerous sources of energy: the Onan generator is complemented by a large alternator on the starboard engine, a vast array of solar panels (940 Watts) and a Watt and Sea hydro-generator. The owners paid special attention to lightning protection and connected all sensitive electronic equipment to a differential board circuit breaker to neutralize the negative phase.
The Catana 47's reputation is well known: this is the "ultimate sailing machine". The carbon infusion version took performance to another level. This "machine" was tweaked by this well-traveled couple to optimize sailing efficiency, energy production and reliability under way.
INXS is located near Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. Contact us to arrange a showing.
- Maximum Draft:
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight:
Additional DetailsDIMENSIONS AND DETAILS
- Owner Version
- Three (3) cabins
- Carbon Infusion
- Length: 14,03 m.
- Beam: 7,64 m.
- Draft: 1,10 / 2,50 m
- 30th Anniversary special, custom edition, heavily optioned; rest as per Catana standard
- Light grey hull and white coachroof
- Panoramic roof vision in salon with curtain
- Light grey painted mast and boom
- Electric toilets in owner bathroom, etc.
- ZF Electric command at each helm station
- White facing down the deck, blue facing up, superb looking
- LED lights on spreaders
- Linen: All the best, linen custom made to dimension by prestigious Victoria Yachting, 2 sets per bed
- Canvas Batyline sunscreen on all windows
- Navigation protection from sun and water
- Fully enclosed winter protection of cockpit
- Helm station protections
- Amm cockpit cushions
- All safety equipment and many spare parts etc..
- Generator: Onan, 2400 rpm, 4KVA, 550 hours
- 760 amp gel service batteries
- 1 Mastervolt alternator regulator smart charger on starboard engine alternator
- Solar panels: 920 Watts total: 320 watts on coachroof with separate regulator + 600 Watts on aluminium frame over davits with Victron 70 amp solar panel regulator
- Hydro-generator: Watt and Sea 50 amp, 600 watt with own regulator
- 2 Victron 100 amp/each independant battery chargers, 50/60HZ
- 1 victron 2500W inverter (independant)
- Lightning protection: all wires coming from the mast (VHF/radar/wind etc..) connected to special board with plug-in, plug-out plugs
- All sensitive electronic equipment connected to a differential board circuit breaker to neutralize the negative phase
- Surge protection: system for shore power (air con separated protection) =2
- Air Conditioning: Webasto 50/60hz, 16000 BTU in main salon
- Watermaker: Dessalator duo 220 /12v 100 ltrs/hour
- Fridge: New compressor and insulation 2017
- Washing machine: 3 kgs
- LED lights on spreaders
- Garmin GSPMAP 8012 12 inch chartplotter at helm station on Navpod with video output to LG 22 TV inch at chart table
- 1 Garmin GMI 20 multi-function repeater at each helm station
- 2 Garmin GMI 20 multi-function repeaters over main door entrance
- Wind: Garmin GND 10
- Radar: Garmin GMR 18HD
- AIS: Garmin 600
- VHF: Garmin GVH 200 with antenna
- Raymarine EVO 400 on Lecomb and Schmidt pump VHM type 2. new March 2017
- Interface NMEA 2000/183 for pc compatible Max Sea
- Fixed exterior antenna for Iridium (Iridium phone not included)
- Wifi antenna
- TV: LG 22 inch 21/9 with hdmi and DVI
- Fusion deck HIFI AV 700I repeated to chart plotter with fusion Link, Bluetooth etc.
- Loudspeakers and amp all by JL audio in BI amp except normal amp in saloon
- 1 JL audio HD serie 4 ch amp MDH 600/Watt 4
- 1 JL audio marine subwoofer M 10W5.CG –WH (cockpit)
- 2 JL audio marine Kompo M770 (cockpit)
- 2 JL audio MX 650 (salon)
SAILS AND RIGGING
- Sparcraft (Marechal) mast with double spreaders
- Kevlar shrouds
- All sails custom made by X VOILES in perfect condition
- Main sail and genoa in Hydranet
- Facnor hook reefing on reef number 1
- Dyneema removable stay with equipment for staysail on main beam
- Hydranet staysail with bag
- Gennaker on roller furler
- Symetrical spinnaker with all deck equipment
- New, spare dyneema running rigging, America's Cup racing grade: main halyard and reefing lines from Alpha Ropes
- Dinghy: AB 11 foot hypalon with console and steering and protective canvas
- 30HP 2 stroke Tohatsu outboard motor
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.