Alu Marine Catamaran
About this Boat
Marlin del Rey comes from the board of noted yacht designer Sylvestry Langevin with the interior by Patrick Rosco. She was built by Alu Marine, France in 1989 and christened Blue Moon and began life as a luxury charter vessel. She has had extensive rebuilds in 1996 and 1999, and was repowered in 2000 with twin Yanmar 230hp diesels, a significant upgrade from the original 100hp Nanni diesels.
Most recently she has benefited from all new standing rigging (2015), new electronics (2018), new dinghy and outboard (2018) and new solar panels, controllers and battery chargers/inverters (2016) along with 16 new batteries. In 2016 she was hauled out and the topsides were sanded down to bare aluminum. After cleaning, the hull was filled and faired with epoxy, primed and 2 layers of aluminum specific Awlgrip topsides paint applied. All opening ports in the hull were removed and rebedded. A total bottom job was done at the same time and the anit-fouling is still in good condition as evidenced in the recent, October, haulout.
Her 80' length and 34' beam provide space for 5 private staterooms, all with ensuite facilities, air conditioning, ample storage, fans, reading lights and opening ports/hatches for ventilation. Crew quarters with 2 upper/lower berths each are housed in the port and starboard bows. They also have ensuite facilities. The main salon is 325 sqft and connects to a 215 sqft fully enclosed cockpit with hard bimini.
Though a very large yacht she is easily handled with roller furling genoa and staysail and the 9 Harken 2 speed hydraulic winches aboard with lines led aft to the helm station. The main is fully battened with lazy jacks. Her sails, main, genoa and staysail, are all in good condition; there is a reaching pole to aid in downwind conditions.
The current owner has had Marlin del Rey since 2000, extensively cruising the East and West Caribbean as well as other areas of Central and South America. In 2016 she sailed to the Mediterranean and has spent the summers cruising with friends and family aboard. The owner is ready to move on to other interest and pursuits and has, somewhat reluctantly, put her up for sale.
She does need some cosmetic work (details upon request) but she's fully found and ready to continue sailing on "as is" with all systems functioning. Cosmetic upgrades are dependent on the desires of the new owner.
If you are looking for a "go anywhere" yacht, for either luxury charter or family cruising, Marlin del Rey is worth your consideration. There are few boats on the market today with her credentials.
Did I mention that she's a beautiful boat?
- Designer: Sylvester Langevin, interior Patrick Rosco
- LOA: 80 ft
- Beam: 34.08 ft
- LWL: 74 ft
- Maximum Draft: 5.75 ft
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight:
- Five staterooms plus crew quarters in port and starboard bows
- All staterooms are air conditioned
- All staterooms have ensuite facilities, reading lights and fans
- All have opening ports and hatches for ventilation as do the heads
- Interior is mahogany and ash
- Staterooms have double berths except lower starboard which has twin berths convertible to a large double
- The large salon has huge storage cabinets port and starboard
- Liquor and dish/glassware cabinet is forward with batteries in cabinet below
- Salon furnishings consist of couch, matching chair, table for four, breakfast bar and desk, cocktail table and folding table
- Large ports provide plenty of light (all have sun shades) and four opening ports for ventilation
- All standing rigging replaced with new, 2015
- Two rolls of line aboard to replace all running rigging
- All winches are Harken, 5 x 2spd #56, 2 x 2spd #66, 2 x 2spd #46
- Harken mainsheet traveler with Harken cars and blocks
- Harken genoa sheet travelers with Harken cars and blocks
- Lewmar sheet stoppers
- Spinnaker halyard and reaching pole
- Mast and boom repainted in 2015
- 140# CQR anchor
- 100# Brittany anchor
- 170' 12mm chain, new, 2018
- Additional chain and rode
- Flare kit (out of date)
- MOB pole
- 12 life jackets
- 3 fire extinguishers
- Two high capacity master pumps with connections to all bilge areas
- Eight electric and 6 manual pumps
- Three watertight bulkheads in each hull
- SS framed port lights equipped with SS emergency shutters
- Goiot aluminium opening heck hatches for ventilation
- Lecomble & Schmitt hydraulic steering system
- 2 each gray and black waste tanks
- 2 propane BBQ's
- Grundig washing machine
- Asko dryer
- 16 Eveready Gold Batteries in 2 banks, 105ah each, total 1,680ah
- 2 x Morning Star Tri-Star MPPT Charger Controllers for solar panels
- Sun pads for foredeck
- Misc lounge cushions
- Bow and stern pulpits have teak seats
- Deck mount for two liferafts
- 4 x SS rod holders, 2 port and 2 starboard
- New cap rail in 2016
- Fishing rods and reels
- Dishes, glassware
- Linens, sheets and towels
- Misc. mask and snorkels
- Misc. foul weather gear
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.