About this Boat
2014 Balance 451 "Symmetry" Owner's Version
Are you considering a serious blue water cruising catamaran? Then Symmetry is the boat for you! You don't have to choose between performance OR comfort with the Balance 451 - this boat has all that and more!
Symmetry was designed and custom fitted for speed, with a large rig, upgraded sails and dagger boards. The state of the art battery system is light and provides ample power for all your needs - A/C, microwave, coffee maker, etc.
You'll find ample storage throughout the boat to include huge freezer spaces for long passages or off-the-grid living. Fresh water heads with hot & cold bidets gives you all the personal comforts of home. Anchor with confidence with an electric windlass, G4 German stainless steel anchor chain and a Rocna anchor.
Premium Raymarine navigation and Maretron monitoring systems keep you informed and on the right course.
Even at first glance, you get a sense this boat is truly different - wave-piercing bows, aero dynamic sloped windows, carbon fiber bowsprit and retractable dagger boards. Stunning!
- Composite construction
- Ultralight hardtop bimini
- Vinylester resins and foam core in her hulls and decks
- Many areas reinforced with carbon fiber for extra strengh and light weight
- Buoyant, high aspect ratio dagger-boards
- Lithium ion batteries - eliminates need for a generator
- Custom cedar walk-in closet on the owner's side
- Longer stern platform for easy loading/unloading
- All lines ran to a central location for single/short handling
- Protected, raised helm station for easy viewing & comfort
- ABS Offshore Racing engineering standards and exceeds ISO standards.
- Sculpted, semi-circular seating in the cockpit with adjustable table
- Huge master suite with walk-in shower
- Self-tacking jib
- Screecher for improved off wind sailing performance
- ICW Mast clearance (62.11 height off water)
- Raised helm station for maximum visibility
If you are looking for a blue water cruising catamaran that can get you where you want to go fast - you've found it!
Click on the "View Full Specifications" for a more comprehensive list of features.
*** Exclusive Catamaran Condition Index Report available to serious buyers ***
Please note: This boat has never been in a named storm.
- Designer: Roger Hill
- LOA: 44.67 ft
- Beam: 23.4 ft
- Maximum Draft: 6.11 ft
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight:
- Mainsail: 706.5 ft2/65.63m2
- Self Tending Jib: 260.7ft2/24.22m2
- Screecher: 711.6 ft2/66.1m2
- Spinnaker: 1,367 sq '
- Mast Height Off Deck: 56ft 6in/17.22m
- Mast Height Off Water: 62ft 11in/19.19m
- Overall Length: 44ft 8in/13.605m
- Waterline Length: 42ft 4in/12.895m
- Beam: 23ft 4in/7.11m
- Draft - Daggerboards up: 2ft 7in/0.80m
- Draft - Daggerboards down: 6ft 11in/2.10m
- Displacement: 18,500lbs / 8,391kgs
- Underwing Clearance Lightship: 2ft 7in/0.775m
- Underwing Clearance Full Load: 2ft 4in/0.705m
- Maximum Payload: 3,433lbs/1,557kgs
- Water Capacity: 90 US gallons / 350 litres
- Fuel Capacity: 112 US gallons / 425 litres
- Standard Engines: 2x40hp Diesels with Sail Drive
- Lightweight, sturdy hardtop bimini with helm seat cover offering total protection for the skipper in bad weather, or open air sailing in good weather.
- The helm seat is totally adjustable so that people of varying heights can achieve perfect visibility to all four corners
- Aft cockpit is spacious and open with excellent flow from the salon galley, includes a day sink, day fridge, pop-up quality BBQ
- Lightweight foam core construction, vinylester resins, foam panels and epoxy bulkheads with carbon fiber reinforcements.
- Self-tending blade jib on a curved track to simplify tacking
- Large roller furling screecher to sail in winds as low as 5 knots on all points of sail and reaching in excess of 15 knots.
- Dual daggerboards allow for better upwind angles, reduced leeway and off wind sailing with less effort due to greatly reduced hydrodynamic drag
- Manage the mainsail halyard and all reefing lines at a single station positioned aft of the helm seat with an electric winch
- Hidden pop up propane quality BBQ
- 3 burner stove top
- Propane oven
- Kitchen and cockpit sinks
- Portable table in saloon
- Long seatee in the saloon opens up space
- TV and computer monitor
- 1 galley fridge/freezer
- 1 cockpit fridge/freezer
- Drinking water re-mineralization filter
- 2 sets of UV window covers, black and white
- Cape Horn Extreme watermaker, 17GPH 24v
- Upgraded Raymarine and Maretron Electronics, with radar, autopilot, AIS, dual depth, battery and solar monitors, bilge alarms
- Central Vacuum
- Electric, freshwater bidet toilets with H/C water
- Upgraded stereo with subwoofer
- 1 power winch and 3 manual
- 1,800 watts of solar
- Victron 24/70/3000 inverter/charger
- Premium grade trampolines
- Carbon fiber bow sprit
- 2014 Mercury M350 40 HP 4 stroke center console dinghy with electric start, tilt and trim and GPS/fishfinder
- 4 man Viking RescuYou premium life raft with auto release
- Custom dinghy davits with one man raise/release system
- 2 x 10lb aluminum propane tanks
- 3 cabin layout with office desk in port, aft cabin
- Large deep freeze located in port, aft cabin
- Cedar lined master closet
- All LED lighting
- Spectra and other system diagrams
- Complete set of manuals and electrical diagrams
- Hard copy receipts on important items
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.