About this Boat
This is a rare opportunity to buy the only Leopard 40 Owner's Version currently located in the United States, and US Duty Paid. She has been lovingly maintained by her current owners who used her for a sabbatical to cruise the Eastern Caribbean. They have reached the end of their time off, and ready to part with Raven.
Some of her key features include:
- Folding props
- Upgraded Volvo motors
- Spectre Watermaker
- Sat Phone
- AIS and Radar
- Northern Lights Generator
- Solar panels
- Wind generator
- Electric winch
- New sail cover
She is truly a turnkey blue water cruising catamaran.
- Keel: Other
- LOA: 40 ft
- Beam: 20.08 ft
- Maximum Draft:
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight: 16,820 lb
Additional DetailsManufacturer Provided Description
The Leopard 40's speed on the water and easy handling are its top features, earning it 'Boat of the Year 2005' from Cruising World magazine. Guests will enjoy the large cockpit with outside dining area, protected by a functional hard-top bimini, fitted as standard. The galley-up design incorporates a spacious saloon and aft facing galley with a cocktail bar and serving window overlooking the cockpit. Accommodations include 3 or 4 double cabins, an optional berth in the forepeak, and two large heads with separate shower stalls. The 3-cabin layout features an owner-dedicated starboard hull with master stateroom, office area and large head with separate shower forward.Additional Specs
Nimble, swift and responsive accurately describe the Leopard 40'. Already a classic design and a benchmark for the next generation of cruising cats. Central winch pod, large transom, stepped hulls and great sailing performance are key words in describing this model. The Leopard 40's speed on the water and easy handling are its top features, earning it 'Boat of the Year 2005' from Cruising World and SAIL magazine. The designers of the Leopard 40 , Morelli and Melvin, are best known for designing Steve Fossett's PlayStation, the Gunboats and other large, record-breaking cats. The Leopard 40 features a large cockpit with outside dining area protected by a functional hard-top bimini with mounted solar panels. The galley-up design incorporates a spacious saloon and aft facing galley. No steps up or down anywhere. The 3-cabin layout features an owner-dedicated starboard hull with master stateroom, office area and large head with separate stall shower forward. Sailing the Leopard 40 is easy: both main and jib sheets lead to stoppers and self-tailing winches directly adjacent to the helm. There's room for two on the bench-style helm seat, but you need only one to trim sails!
- 3 cabin owners version, never in charter. Standard hard top with custom drop down shades.
- Spectra Catalina Watermaker - rebuild 12/17 including new membrane
- Parasailor- German made spinnaker in very good shape- size 4
- Sails in good shape; rigging checked 12/17 in good condition. Most of running rigging is new.
- Iridium Satphone (not currently in use)
- Icom 802M SSB
- Active AIS
- Wind instruments.
- Depth finder with readouts at helm and nav station.
- Raytheon 240 VHF at helm and Nav station
- Raymarine Radar
- Autopilot with new controller 2015
- Raymarine E80 chart plotter
- Volvo MD2-40 x 2 diesels (factory upgrade engines)
- SD130 SR-B sail drives serviced 12/17
- Volvo folding props
- Northern Lights 6kw gen
- Plastimo Transocean 8 liferaft (NOT current!)
- AGM Lifeline batteries , new 2/17 630 amp hours.
- 2 solar panels with separate controllers
- Superwind wind generator 2014
- Refrigerator- new compressor 2014; serviced 1/18 with new dryer
- A/C 2 16,000 BTU Cruisair
- Dinghy: 2015 Genesis 10.2ft hypalon tubes . Yamaha 15 hp 2 stroke. 20ft stainless chain for dinghy. Dinghy anchor. Handheld Icom M24 VHF and hand held depth finder.
- Snorkeling sets x 4 with some weights.
- 2 person kayak with kayak holder on port stanchions.
- Electric winch
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.