Vision 450 Two Owner Suites
About this BoatBIG PRICE REDUCTION!2010 Matrix Yachts Vision 450Purchased New October 2011 by the current owner. Happy Time was built in Cape Town, South Africa. The catamaran is an innovative, thoroughly modern, performance design and has been finished to mega yacht standards in keeping with Matrix Yachts' reputation.
The genius and passion of her designer and builder, Peter Wehrley, is apparent in all facets of the yacht down to the smallest detail.
Her accommodations are comfortable, voluminous and fully air-conditioned. The immediate impression upon boarding Happy Time is one of spaciousness and generous headroom (6'8" in the salon and 6'5" in the staterooms).
Happy Time has four staterooms, two with queen sized beds and two with king-sized beds. Each cabin has a large bathroom equipped with separate shower stalls and full-sized fresh water flush electric toilets.
- Designer: Peter Wehrley
- Keel: Other
- LOA: 45 ft
- Beam: 24.2 ft
- LWL: 42 ft
- Maximum Draft: 3.58 ft
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight: 24,640 lb
Additional DetailsMANUFACTURER DESCRIPTION
- Manufacturer's Specifications:
- LOA: 46.9 ft
- LWL: 42.0 ft
- Beam: 24.3 ft
- Draft: 3.7 ft
- Displacement (light ship): 20,708 lbs
- Displacement (full load): 26,930 lbs
- Mast Height: 63.8 ft
- Sail Area: Main 598 sq ft
- Genoa: 342 sq ft
The Vision 450 is a modern innovative design, which incorporates build features found in performance catamarans. The fiberglass hulls are a vacuum-bagged sandwich construction using vinylester resin, E-Glass, and a high-density rigid PVC foam coring.
The bridge deck consists of a polyethylene honeycomb material, Nida-Core, which has a very high strength-to-weight ratio and good sound dampening qualities.
This reduces the noise created by wave slap under the bridge deck. Nida-Core can also be found within the bulkheads of the boat. A paper resin impregnated honeycomb product called Tricel is used in all the doors and cabinetry, again, to limit weight factors. All these materials and techniques result in a lighter, faster boat.
The fiberglass hulls are a vacuum-bagged sandwich construction using vinylester resin, E-Glass and a high-density rigid PVC foam coring. The bridge deck consists of a polyethylene honeycomb material, Nida-Core, which has a very high strength-to-weight ratio and good sound dampening qualities. Nida-Core can also be found within the bulkheads of the boat.
A paper resin impregnated honeycomb product called Tricel is used in all the doors and cabinetry, again, to limit weight factors. The keels are solid glass, without any coring. They are attached to the hulls separately, therefore, if an unexpected hard grounding should occur the hulls would not be compromised.
The fresh water tanks are located with the keels, placing this weight as low as possible.Engine/AC
- Starboard: Yanmar 3YM30 29 hp 4145 hours 3 blade fixed prop
- Port: Yanmar 3YM30 29 hp 4100 hours, 3 blade fixed prop
- Racor fuel filters port and starboard
- Air Conditioning 220 V 16000 BTU units port and starboard
- Raymarine C95 GPS chartplotter (2017)
- Autopilot with Raymarine control head (autopilot original, control head new 2017)
- Raymarine Depth and wind instruments (2017)
- Raymarine VHF with DSC (2017)
- Raymarine AIS (transmit and receive) (2018)
- Raymarine Radar (original)
- Iridium Go with external antenna mounted on coach roof (2018)
Sails and Rigging
- Sails and rig:
- Main (original) with three reef points
- Jib (new 2018) on Harken roller furling.
- Code zero on continuous line furler (original but barely used).
- Cruising Spinnaker (original but minimal use)
- Two Harken electric winches in cockpit and one manual Harken winch on mast
- Antal line driver on starboard side of cockpit next to helm station for traveler control
- Generator: Northern Lights 6 kw, 220 V, 60Hz. 1965 hours (new 2016)
- House Batteries: 4 x 225 Amp-hr Gel Cell (new 2016)
- Engine starting Batteries: 2 x 1150 CCA Gel cell dual purpose (new 2018)
- Mastervolt Inverter 2500 W, New 2016.
- Boat outlets are 220 V, 60 Hz
- 240-120 3000W Step-down transformer in the salon
- Three shore power cords (50 ft x 2 and 25 ft x 1)
- Mastervolt Battery Monitor at nav desk
- Underwater LED lights
- LED mast and foredeck lighting
- LED multicolor lighting overhead in the cockpit and on sugar scoops
- LED tricolor masthead light
- Steaming lights
- Two 140 Watt solar panels on cockpit hardtop roof
- Four with queen berths forward port and starboard and king berths aft port and starboard.
- Each stateroom has an ensuite head with enclosed shower and full-sized Planus electric flush freshwater toilet (also plumbed for saltwater)
- 3 fans in each stateroom
- Large deck hatch with Oceanair shades and screens over each berth
- LED lighting overhead
- Reading lights at head of berths
- A full complement of bed linens and towels
- A filtered drinking water system
- Dish drying compartment with drain
- Corian type counter tops
- Four burner Eurogas propane range
- Full-sized Eurogas propane oven
- Propane shutoff and gas monitor
- Microwave oven
- A complete compliment of 220 V small kitchen appliances including KitchenAid food processor.
- A complete complement of dishes, cookware, utensils, cutlery, glassware, and bar implements.
- Isotherm refrigerator (new 2015)
- Isotherm freezer
- Large refrigerator/freezer in aft cockpit
- Bar area separate from galley
- Fan near galley sink area
- Large sliding window between galley sink area and aft cockpit
Nav desk in salon:
Water maker control panel
Mastervolt battery monitor
Bilge pump monitor/switches
Fresh Water tank gauges
Black water tank monitor
Fusion stereo w/ bluetooth and ipod connector with speakers in salon, cockpit and foredeck
- Large leather settee and polished wood dining table.
- Two large overhead hatches with Oceanair shades and screens
- LED lighting overhead and courtesy floor lighting
- Sony 42' TV
- DVD player
- Safe mounted under the settee
200 Gallons in two tanks (one 80 gallon tank in compartment forward of the salon on the port side and one 120 gallon tank underneath port aft bed).
Transfer pump from aft tank to forward/upper tank with inline Racor filter.
Fresh Water system:
- 220 V Sea Recovery Aquamatic Watermaker 50 GPH
- 120 fresh water tankage (60 gal starboard tank and 60 gallons port tank)
- Port and starboard Jabsco fresh pumps 4.5 gpm, 40 psi
- Port and starboard Quick stainless 25L/1200 W water heater tanks
- Hot and cold deck shower port sugar scoop
- Freshwater hose bib for deck washdown hose in a locker by port sugar scoop (we use this to rinse the decks and also to rinse the anchor and chain)
Grey Water system:
Shower/sink sump drain pumps x 4 (one for each shower)
Port and starboard 11 Gallon holding tanks with deck pump-out and overboard dischargeGROUND TACKLE
- Ground Tackle:
- Spade anchor (S120) 55 lbs (new 20108) with 200 ft all chain rode
- Fortress Anchor with 200 ft rope rode.
- Electric windless w/controls at the anchor locker and remote switch at helm station
- High-end custom cockpit cushions (2016) Featured in Marine Fabricator Magazine
- Custom pull-down cockpit shades/enclosures
- Custom sunshades for trampoline area (2016)
- Custom backrests and lounging cushions for trampoline (2016)
- Plasdeck synthetic teak flooring in cockpit and aft deck (2016)
- Seven fenders and multiple dock lines
- Anchor day shape and steaming day shape.
- 6 Scuba dive tanks on deck mounted rack and multiple masks, fins and snorkels
- Custom snorkel gear organizer bag mounted on aft lifelines
- 8 man life raft (reconditioned 2016)
- Numerous life jackets
- Jacklines port and starboard (2018)
- Weber Q 1200 gas grill mounted on starboard aft stanchion (new 2018)
- 3 propane tanks (two for galley and one for outdoor grill)
- SOS MOB Dan buoy
- Folding four step boarding ladder on port sugar scoop
- Automatic defibrillator (AED)
- Emergency oxygen kit with spare tank
- Large first aid kit
- Large ditch bag
- 6 Fire extinguishers
- 12 Volt Engel portable electric cooler/freezer in cockpit
- Clock and barometer in salon
- Stanchion mounted Paddleboard racks port and starboard
- Salt water rod and reel with rail mounted holder
- CO2 detectors and smoke detectors in salon and starboard aft cabin.
- Rule electric bilge pumps in engine compartments and hull bilges port and starboard
- Whale manual bilge pumps port and starboard
- 11 ft AB Lammina AL aluminum double bottom RIB with Yamaha 30hp 2-stroke outboard. (both new in 2018)
- Chaps for tender
- Stainless steel davits w/manual winch
- Danforth style anchor and rode.
- Tender boarding ladder
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.