Custom Robert Harris 32 ft. Trimaran
About this Boat
Flying Circus is a custom one-off cruiser/racer trimaran designed by well-known naval architect Robert Harris. Harris was one of very few designers who’s design work encompassed both monohulls and multihulls. Flying Circus was originally built in 1982 of Airex foam cored fiberglass and Kevlar. Her original length was 28’. In 1985, her original owner/builder lengthened her to 32’ by extending the main hull bow and stern and making a more plumb stem. The amas (floats) and crossbeams are demountable to allow over the road transport. Note: This is not a quick folding mechanism such as found in trimarans designed by Ian Farrier. However, it is very feasible to disassemble the boat for transport over land to new cruising areas.
Flying Circus is equipped with a deep retractable daggerboard in the main hull for excellent upwind performance. She was originally designed with foils in the amas. The foil trunks have been sealed and the original foils are no longer available.
Flying Circus can sleep three persons in single berths, two in the main cabin and one in the forepeak. She is equipped with a compact galley and a portable head.
Flying Circus is capale of sparkling performance that will satisfy without being so high powered as to be impractical. She has benefitted from regular maintenance and upgrades and is ready to go.
- Designer: Robert Harris
- Keel: Centerboard
- LOA: 32 ft
- Beam: 17.75 ft
- LWL: 31.5 ft
- Maximum Draft: 6 ft
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight: 3,700 lb
- Interior headroom 5’11”
- Single berth in the forepeak
- Two single berths in the main cabin
- Dometic SA972 Porta-Potti type chemical toilet, 2015
- Origo single burner stainless steel non-pressurized alcohol stove
- Stainless steel galley sink with fresh and salt water foot pumps
- Solar powered ventilation fan
- Hulls and decks constructed of Airex foam cored fiberglass and Kevlar
- Open-wing, aft cockpit trimaran with two crossbeams connecting the three hulls
- Amas and crossbeams demountable for road transport
- Trampolines between the crossbeams, new lashing lines 2015
- Kick-up rudder with new stainless steel head plates, tiller steering
- Vertically retracting daggerboard
- Hulls and decks painted red and white
- Pettit Hydrocoat ablative antifouling paint, black
- Rotating aluminum mast, 34’9” long, mast tiller with controls in cockpit
- Tides Marine sail track and slide system, 2018
- Boom, 13’6” long
- Harken Unit 1 jib roller-furling gear
- Schaefer 650 gennaker/cruising spinnaker roller-furling gear
- Much of the mast running rigging replaced in 2016
- Detachable aluminum bowsprit
- Full-width semicircular traveler with self-tailing winch
- Maine Sailing Partners 2007 woven full-batten square-top mainsail, 240 sq. ft.
- Pope Sails 2001 Dacron staysail, 180 sq. ft.
- Pope Sails 2006 gennaker/cruising spinnaker, tri-radial head, 275 sq. ft.R
- Sails cleaned and maintained regularly by Moorhouse MacCausland Sailing, Lumbert
- Control lines led to cockpit, including daggerboard
- Lewmar #6 mast winch
- Two Lewmar #30 cockpit winches
- Two Barient #22 cockpit winches
- Lewmar self-tailing cockpit winch, 2018
- Barient #23 self-tailing traveler winch
- Kenyon traveler car
- Yamaha 2015 T9.9XPB electric-start outboard, 25’ shaft
- 6 ampere alternator on engine
- Electric/hydraulic engine tilt
- Garelick HD #71091 engine mount
- Side mount remote control, with Morse cables in cockpit
- Group 24 AGM battery, 2016
- Ganz Marine Eco Energy 6 watt solar panel, 2013
- SignalMate LED tri-color masthead/anchor light, 2016
- Steaming light, LED, 2016
- Standard Horizon GX2200 VHF radio with AIS, 2016
- Garmin 441S GPS/depth sounder with through-hull transducer, 2014
- Raymarine ST1000+ Tiller Pilot, rebuilt 2015 with new gears and bands
- Jensen MCC8320 radio/cassette stereo with two cabin speakers
- Whale 550 gph automatic electric bilge pump, 2017
- Trailex TX4000A aluminum tandem axle trailer, rebuilt 2013 by On-the-Road Trailers (new brakes, axles, tires, wheels, etc.) approximately 30' feet long
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.