About this Boat
Matau is presently the finest and most well cared for Privilege 74 for sale in the world today. She was built at the esteemed Alliaura Marine shipyard in France to Bureau Veritas standards in a climate controlled factory. Only the finest components were used in her fabrication and all her furniture is hand made, cabinet grade down to the gloss finish. You simply cannot find a catamaran built today with finer joinery and interior finish. She is a true luxury fly-bridge catamaran.
Matau spent the first years of her life as the flagship luxury crewed charter catamaran in Tortola. Her current owner purchased her in 2014. He then spent significantly on a refit to prepare her for a 5 year family circumnavigation. During that circumnavigation he also did additional refits to her in both New Zealand and Australia. I was fortunate to catch up with her in Cape Town in November of 2018 and spent an afternoon going over her with her captain, who has served in his position with her since the start. As he commented to me, "Anytime something needed to be replaced or repaired, I was authorized do it. Her owner wanted Matau kept in top flight condition at all times and relied upon me and our crew to do so."
Matau has just in the Caribbean and is seriously for sale, as her owner has now completed his very satisfying circumnavigation. She is a yacht for the discriminating catamaran sailor looking for a level of quality that is seldom found. She's been lavished with care since launched. She has a large fly-bridge, professional galley, gorgeous suites, and is perfect for those wishing to engage in high-end luxury crewed charter or for another family looking to sail the world in total comfort.
To view her, please contact Phil Berman. Matau has now arrived in the USVI and is available for showings by appointment. She will be voyaging to various islands in the region for the next few months, so please contact us to organize a showing. To see her is to fall in love.
- Keel: Fin Keel
- LOA: 74.42 ft
- Beam: 35.75 ft
- Maximum Draft:
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight:
Additional DetailsDIMENSIONS + DETAILS
- LOA: 74'-5"
- Beam: 35'-9"
- Maximum draft: 7'-6"
- Port fuel tank under port cabin = 440 gallons
- Starboard fuel tank under galley = 440 gallons
- Port: Under port cabin = 380 gallons
- Starboard: Under galley = 380 gallons
- Hot water: 2x 220V 1200 watt water heaters 60 gallons in total
- 2 21 gal 1200W, 220v hot water heaters
HOLDING TANKS BLACK WATER
- Black water port forward 40 gallons
- Black water port aft 40 gallons
- Black water starboard forward 40 gallons
- Black water starboard aft 40 gallons
- Make: 2x Sea Recover Aqua Whisper 1800-2
- Output: 75 gph x2
- 5 full heads all including showers
- The master head doubles as a bidet and also includes a heated towel rack very important for the tropics!
- Interior woodwork: Maple
- Guest accommodations are divided into five (5) main areas as follows:
- Owner Suite accessed by private entry from forward staircase on the port side which has a bedroom with Queen Bed + dressing room + hydro-jet bath, a separate stall shower with multiple shower heads and combination head/bidet
- Includes 7 opening hatches and 1 opening port
- 2 hanging closets, heated towel bars in the head, large desk and settee area
- Guest cabin amidship port accessed from the aft staircase on the port side has a Queen bed, a private head + a separate shower with multijets and a vanity, 2 opening ports and 2 opening hatches, storage shelves/drawers and a hanging closet
- Guest cabin aft port accessed from the aft staircase on the starboard side has a Queen bed, a private head and a separate shower with multijets, vanity, 2 opening ports + 2 opening hatches, storage shelves/drawers and a hanging closet
- Guest cabin aft starboard accessed from aft staircase on the starboard side has a Queen Size bed, a private head and a separate shower with multijets, vanity, 2 opening ports + 2 opening hatches, storage shelves/drawers and a hanging closet
- Main saloon area has a bar aft to port, twin sofas forward to port, a semi-circular dining table forward to starboard and the main navigation station aft to starboard. Dinette accommodate 8-10
- All leather throughout vessel replaced with Italian, White leather - 2016
- The galley is in the mid-section of the starboard hull with custom refrigeration + freezers. Bright port lights adds a nice bright, feeling
- 3 freezers
- 3 refrigerators
- 2 opening hatches + 1 opening port
- The large aft deck/cockpit is equipped with extra large lounging areas providing unparalleled comfort. The cockpit tables provide alfresco dining with a view.
- Four teak directors chairs
- A circular staircase leads to the flybridge
- Flybridge has a sumptuous exterior space with center helm station. Adequate seating surrounds the aft outboard side in a "U" style setting with a table for dining. A wet bar with fridge and icemaker is located behind the helm seat + electric grill.
- 2 new teak foredeck steamer chairs
- 4 large bean bag chairs on foredeck
- All cushions replaced - 2016
- Located forward of the galley in the starboard hull with a crew dining area on the outboard side
- 2 double berth cabins + 1 crew head and shower
- There are 4 opening hatches and 2 ports in the crew area
- Mast: Carbon Fibre
- Lower Panel: Loose Footed Main
- Mainsail Track: Antal
- Reckman electric Furlers, new 2016
- Forestay and Inner stay Rod new 2016
- All reefing done from the deck
- All sails by Doyle
- All sails Dacron
- Inner Forestay and Lowers: New August 2018
- Lower panel
- Mainsail track
- 2019 ~ New mainsail ordered through Doyle
- Navigation Equipment: All new 2015
- 2x Auto Pilot systems, completely separate for redundancy
- Primary Auto Pilot: Ray Marine EV400 Sail Pilot
- Backup Auto Pilot: Ray Marine ST 290
- 4x Ray Marine GS 165 Glass Bridge Multifunction Displays
- 6x Ray Marine i70 Displays
- Ray Marine Wind Speed Depth Transducers linked to all displays
- Ray Marine CP 300 Sonar
- Ray Marine Raydome RD418 HD High Def. 4kw Radar, New August 2018
- Ray Marine AIS 950 Class A Transceiver w/ display
- Icom M602 Fixed VHF with slave receiver on Bridge
- 4x Handheld VHF
- 4x Handheld UHF
- ASI Precision Digital Barograph
- Iridium Pilot Satellite communication sytem w/ internet data optimizer for low bandwidth and 3 separate lines.
- Direct TV mobile satellite TV receiver with Caribbean and USA east coast LNB's Can be used underway
- Radar No. 1: Raymarine 15
- Autopilot: Raymarine ST 290
- Raymarine GPS
- Raymarine Gyro Compass
- Plastimo Magnetic Compass
- Navtex: Furuno NX300
- Raymarine ST290 Depthsounder
- Raymarine ST290 knotmeter
- 3x Aquaair chiller compressors 180,000 BTU total, new 2015
- MDKBU 27 KVA x2, bath new 2013
- Generators: Max load is 1.2 US gallons/hr for each genset
- Port Generator hours: 19545
- Starboard Generator: 10893
- Frigoboat Climma air conditioning with three compressors
- 152000 BTU total
- ECCS - France 240V 50Hz
- 24v DC House with 2 @ 5,000 watt Mastervolt inverters
- 2 Isolation Transformers 60 AMP each 12.5 KVA
- 2 shore power cables (50 AMP)
- Samsung 40" Flatscreen on TV Lift in Saloon
- Sonos Surrond Sound including Sound Bar and Sonos 1 in all cabins linked with Bose speakers on deck, cockpit and bridge.
- 4.5 Highfield, Yamaha 70 HP
- Tender, all new August 2018 except engine which is 2015
- Highfield Ocean Master 4.6m Hypalon w/ rear seat, roll bar, center console w/windshield, stand up bolster seat, 2 front seats
- All tender electronics, new August 2018
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.