About this Boat
Mighty Merloe is turn-key and race ready. Not only did she win the Transpac in July 2017 but she crossed the finish line in only 4 days, 6 hours and 33 minutes, shattering a 20 year old record by more than a day. A complete refit of the boat was completed in the winter of 2018 including a full structural ultrasound inspection of the boat and appendages.
- LOA: 60 ft
- Beam: 57.58 ft
- Maximum Draft:
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight:
Additional DetailsRecord Breaking Mighty Merloe
Mighty Merloe holds the race record for all the Southern California races with the exception of the Newport to Ensenada Race.
In July 2017, Mighty Merloe beat a 20 year Transpac Record. They won the Transpac in 4 days, 6 hours and 33 minutes.
In March 2018, Mighty Merloe broke the Puerto Vallarta Race Record 2 days 3 hours, 58 minutesSail Inventory
All sails are carbon. There is a full set of 3di delivery sails.
- Code F Gennaker - 3Di Raw Force 10,850 Dpi (Dec 2018)
- Storm Tri-Sail - 3Di Endurance 760 SY 23,800 Dpi (Dec 2018)
- Furling Staysail - w/battens; 3Di Raw 32,000 Dpi (Oct 2017)
- Square Top Mainsail - 3Di Raw 870 35,000 Dpi (Oct 2016)
- Solent - 3Di Raw 870 32,000 Dpi (Oct 2016)
- Code F Gennaker - 3Di Raw Force 10,850 Dpi (Oct 2016)
- J1: Masthead Code 0 - 3Di 870 (Carbon/Dyneema) 19,600 Dpi (Oct 2016)
- Upper & Lower Shrouds and Forestay are ECsix Carbon (no replacement necessary unless damaged)
- All furling sails (Staysail, gennakers, storm sail and bowsprit laterals) use Future Fibers Cables. These get replaced every two years (with some leeway based on the race/sailing schedule).
- Hydraulic system and shroud rams were completely rebuilt in Autumn 2017. New Ti rods installed in the shroud rams
- Solent and Staysail stay rams were new for the 2018 season
- Running rigging is in good condition and most sheets and gennaker halyard will be replaced for the 2018/2019 season
- VPLP Naval Architects (France) were the designers of the boat. They continue to support us well with engineering and design work as needed.
- We have one of the original Team Groupama Designer/Engineer working with us. He was involved with this boat and then it’s maxi sister (G3) as well as the giant Oracle Trimaran. He has all the original data and designs and is very valuable.
- Boat had a haul out and refit in Autumn of 2017 after returning from Transpac. Complete ultrasound of boat, mast, boom and all appendages was completed.
- Complete refit and structural ultrasound inspection completed at end of 2018.
- Spare set of floater rudders
- Spare port foils
- Main set of foils built in 2015
- Spare inshore dagger-board and main rudder
- Storage/Technical 40ft Container
- Many spare parts
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.