Chris White Atlantic 42
About this Boat
GODSPEED is a tremendous example of Chris White's award winning design and has recently completed a total refit. She is very unique in that her cockpit is forward of the pilothouse allowing unrestricted visibility and easy short handed sailing or motoring with her controls and lines within reach. Two important notes to add are that this is the same design that won Cruising World's magazine "Boat of the Year" for Best Cruising Multihull and secondly, my brother John Lombardi was the builder! In regards to her refit, all deck hardware and through hulls were removed and she was repainted with Awlgrip and New nonskid added, both Yanmar engines were replaced with New, her electronics were updated, she has mostly New Sails, all Rigging was inspected and replaced with New if needed, she has New Soles inside, New Corian Countertops in the Galley area, New 3 burner Propane Stove and Oven, New Freezer/Refrigerator, New Lewmar hatches entire boat, New Spectra Water Maker, New Seagull Water Purifier, New Fireboy fire suppression system, 2 New Queen Lucid 5" Matresses with master having the Froli Star Sleep System, New North Sail Di High Roach Mainsail, New North Sail Di Furling Jib, New Stackpack for sails, new Man Overboard Module, New Highfield 9.5' Dinghy, New Custom Dinghy Chaps, Cover & Engine Cover, new Custom Awning, new Hatch Covers, and more!!! Her owners considered everything and did a great job!! Wow!! They are simply selling because they have some New Grand Children and you know, Grand Children trump anything! GODSPEED is in wonderful "turnkey" condition and she is aching for her next adventure with you!!! Beautiful!!! She is currently located "on the hard" at the Jarrett Bay Industrial Park in Beaufort, NC. Appointment to view is required.
- LOA: 42 ft
- Beam: 23 ft
- Maximum Draft:
- Maximum Displacement:
- Dry Weight:
The layout features a amidship cockpit set up for short handed sailing or motoring.The full visibility pilot house is aft of the cockpit and features a duplicate steering station with engine controls and instruments on the starboard side.The navigation station is on the port side with a chart table and drawer storage. There is a cherry drop leaf dining table and a settee aft on center in the pilot house.
A fully equipped galley is located in the starboard hull adjacent to the pilothouse. A double cabin is located amidships in each hull as well as single berths forward of the head area in each hull. A separate shower compartment is located aft in the port hull.
Hulls, decks and pilot house are constructed from vacuum bagged epoxy resin and multi-directional fiberglass laminate cored with Baltek AL-600 core.
All deck hardware and through hulls were removed and the entire boat was repainted with Awlgrip along with the nonskid areas being redone too. The hull is white with a contrasting boot stripe in blue.
Teak and holly soles were redone through out the entire interior of boat and are a composite and low maintenance. They look beautiful and are designed to provide years of service.
The custom aft deck allows cross boat passage behind the traveler and easy access to the davits and the dinghy. Boarding steps are provided at the stern of each hull. Steps are provided from the deck into the cockpit port and starboard.Galley
The entire galley area was updated to include new Corian Countertops, New Teak and Holly flooring. She has good storage areas throughout and the layout is very functional.
- 2 deep stainless steel sinks with hot/cold pressure water
- NEW Force 10 3 burner propane stove/oven/broiler
- Propane storage bottles (2 aluminum 20lb) in self venting/draining compartment with electric solenoid on/off control and propane detection system located starboard aft.
- 1 Sunfrost RF-4 refrigerator with 4 cubic feet of storage
- 1 NEW Isotherm freezer- mulitfunction
- 1 Built in trash container
The Atlantic 42 is designed with cruising in mind and has the ability to carry enough gear without compromising performance for long passages. The pilothouse is secure and offers great visibility and inside steering in foul weather. The cockpit is forward of the pilothouse and is deep and secure. It is 6'4" wide by 6'9" long with good storage below the cockpit seats with a custom steering pedestal with instrument and engine controls mounts. All lines for trimming and reefing are easily within reach for easy handling. The cockpit sole is covered with removable open teak grating.
(2) Locking storage lockers ahead of cross beam for mooring and anchoring gear
(2) Line storage boxes in cockpit
(1) Custom cockpit awning
Navigation station with 53" x 27" chart table with large chart drawer beneath
Cherry drop leaf dining table with custom star inlay
Settee with custom Sunbrella cushions
(2) chairs for use at navigation station and helm station
Bowmar custom watertight companionway door with double locks
(8) Tempered glass fixed windows with interior, removable, sunscreens NEW
NEW Lewmar hatches throughout entire boat
Nicro Solar powered vents
Nicro Dorade vents engine rooms and heads
(1) Anderson #52 AST manual main sheet and main halyard winch
(2) Anderson #52 AST (aluminum self tailing) winches for jib sheets
(2) Anderson #46 AST (aluminum self tailing) wiches for traveler control and spinnaker sheets
(1) Anderson #16 winch on boom for outhaul and reef lines
(3) Composite Winch handles
(2) 6' long adjustable jib sheet lead tracks
(1) Storage bag in cockpit for winch handles, snap blocks/ preventer
(2) Harken adjustable lead cars
(1) 20' wide Harken mainsheet traveler
(15) Harken and Lewmar Superlock rope clutches
(4) Snatch blocks
(4) Transom grab rails
(5) Grab rails on pilot house
(2) sets of bare SS life lines with gates
(2) Cored epoxy/glass dagger boards in custom reinforced epoxy/glass laminate trunks
(2) Sets of up-haul and down-haul control lines lead to cockpit
(2) Constructed of composite materials to support dinghy
(4) Rope clutches
Anchoring & Mooring
(1) Electric Windlass: Lewmar 2000
(1) 45 lb. Hydra-Bubble plow bow anchor, with 100’ of 3/8” chain and 250’x 5/8” 8-plait nylon rode 2012.
(1) 25 lb. Fortress bow anchor with 50’ of 3/8” chain and 250’ x 5/8” 8-plait nylon rode 2012.
(1) 18 lb. Fortress stern anchor with 30’ of 3/8” chain and 200’ x flat nylon rode on a reel.
(2) Bow anchor rollers enable 2 anchors to be used at the same time.
(2) Step-in self-bailing locker for stowing chain and rode, fenders, etc.
(6) 10" mooring cleats, 4 stern, 2 spring line.
(2) 12" mooring cleats at the bows
(8) Fenders inflatable with covers
(6) Dock lines, 30’ x 5/8” braided rope.
(2) Dock lines, 50’ x 5/8” braided rope
(1) EPIRB beacon (will need to be re-registered)
(6) Life jackets, adult size
(3) Self Inflating life vests
(3) Fire extinguishers, Kidde™ class BC
(2) NEW Fireboy Automatic engine room fire suppression CO2 systems
(1) Horseshoe man overboard life ring with 6-volt strobe
(2) Jordan Series Drogue with 30 pound weight
(1) VIKING 6-person life raft
(1) Survival Tech MOM8
(2) Kits of flares and smoke generators
(2) Radar Reflectors.
(1) Steaming cone
Heavy duty, woven nylon webbed construction (not netting) with UV coating.
Single line fastening backed up with fiberglass batten stock and composite line seized at critical points.
- NEW Raymarine Axiom Pro 12 Multifunction Display (pilothouse)
- NEW Raymarine Axiom Nav Pad (pilothouse)
- NEW Raymarine Axiom Pro 9 Multifunction Display (cockpit)
- New Raymarine Axiom Nav Pad (cockpit)
- Raymarine RD424HD Dome Radar Antenna (mast mounted)
- Raymarine ST 6000 Autopilot with Remote (2)
- Raymarine ST 60 Depth, Temp, Speed
- AIS transceiver
- ICOM VHF
- ICOM SSB (Single Side Band) Radio
- Raystar GPS Receiver
- NEW North Sail High Roach Mainsail
- NEW North Sail Furling Jib
- NEW Stackpack for sails
- 2 Asymmetrical Spinnakers (2015)
- Quantum Screecher (1)
- Custom Spinnaker Bags
(2) Siemens solar Panels, 85 watt output each.
(1) Dedicated solar panel controller with ammeter.
(2) 120-ampere Ample Power alternators
(1) Ample Power alternator controller.
(1) Ample Power DC electrical system monitor
(1) Paneltronics 12-volt DC, 50-amp circuit breaker panel with voltage and amp meters.
(1) Paneltronics 120-volt AC 30-amp circuit breaker panel with voltage and amp meters.
(1) Prosine StatPower 2500-watt DC to AC inverter
(2) 50-foot shore power cords with adapters.
(1) “Smart Plug” with 50-foot cord 2012
(1) Isolation Transformer: Mastervolt 2012.
(4) NEW 34M-1050Blue Marine House batteries
(1) AGM electronics supply battery charging from house battery.
(1) AGM engine starting battery charging from house battery
(1) Switches to combine house, electronics and engine batteries.
(2) Switches to isolate starting battery from each engine.
(1) Complete set of as built wiring diagrams.
(2) Guest Dynaplate grounding plates port and starboard tied to the port and starboard shrouds. The port plate serves as the SSB ground
(2) Polished Scandvik SS sink with hot/cold pressure water
(2) Vanity with laminate top and stowage underneath
(2) Mirror and medicine cabinets over sink allow access to “safe storage” compartment for valuables and storage for shore power cables.
(2) Lavac toilets with Henderson pumps each head is plumbed to the 40-gallon holding tank or direct overboard with 3-way valves for discharge as well as pump out.
(1) Shower Semi-gloss AwlGrip finishes for easy cleanup hot/cold pressure water
(1) Manual Whale sump pump in shower
(1)NEW Spectra Watermaker
(1) Isotemp Magic dual function water heater with dockside power or engine heat from either engine.
(2) Dual flat plate heat exchangers allow either engine to provide energy for the Isotemp unit.
(1) Electric pump circulates engine water from the heat exchangers to the Isotemp unit.
(2) Rule 8000 GPH portable bilge pumps with hose.
(2) Rule 500 GPH bilge pumps in engine compartments.
(2) Johnson™ water pumps with integral strainers. One water pumps serves each water tank and may be used to transfer water between tanks.
(1) Deck wash pump with outlet at galley and on starboard deck wash down
(1) Three way valve allows fresh water to be used for deck wash.
(1) 10 gallon solar water heater feeding into the shower stall.
(2) Diesel fuel tanks of welded aluminum, 24 gallon each with deck fill, shut
Off valves and Tank Tender gauges
(1) Diesel fuel tank of Rotomolded polypropylene 50-gallon with deck fill, gauge and automatic electric transfer pumps to each 24-gallon tank .
(2) Welded aluminum 45 gallon water tanks each with pump, deck fill, vent, gauge, and inspection ports.
(1) Tank Tender gauge.
(1) 40-gallon, custom Rotomolded holding tank .
(8) 12-volt Halogen reading lights
(11) 12-volt Halogen dome lights with red lamps.
(7) 12-volt fluorescent lamps
(1) Dimmer for salon lighting
(1) Dimmer for port berth
(1) LED masthead Tri-color, anchor and strobe light
(1) LED Mast mounted steaming light
(1) LED Mast mounted running light
(1) LED Stern light
(1) Guest™ Radio controlled 1 MCP spot light
(2) Yanmar 30AE diesel inboard engines with SD 25 Saildrives
(2) Instrument panels for engines with tachometers and engine monitoring lights, alarms, and engine hour meters, oil pressure and temperature gauges.
(2) Racor Turbine Primary Fuel Filters
(2) Sets of Mathers single lever electronic engine controls mounted at the cockpit helm station and the pilothouse.
- Complete kitchen accessories for 6
- Magma Propane Grill and 2 Propnae tanks
- AIS Unit
- Hydro Generator
- 2 Siemans 85 Watt Solar Panels
- 4 Hurricane Tie Down Straps
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This listing is courtesy of the BoatWizard MLS and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.